G12.1- (option)Converts C axis degrees and X axis movement to work like
a milling machine. Program X-C axis and the control converts all the
commands to degrees automatically. Program X in diameter and C in radius
values. zero is at the center of the part, like a milling machine.
Tool nose rad comp is also needed to use G12.1 correctly. Thinking
about the direction for G2/G3 and G41/G42 is backwards! You have to
imagine you are back behind the guide bushing looking to the cutter.
If you can’t do this, then just do everything opposite!
1. X values must be doubled because X is in Diameter. C values in Radius.
2. G40 must be in effect before G12.1 and G13.1. (engage Cutter comp
after G12.1 and disengage before G13.1)
3. Only G codes allowed are G1,G2,G3,G4,G40,G41,G42,G65,G66,G67,G98,G99
4. The Virtual axis(C) is at Zero(C0.0) when G12.1 is read.
5. If the cutter centerline is close to X0 or is commanded to pass near
zero, the C axis tries to accelerate as it passess near X zero.
This may cause a c axis alarm as the C travels faster than the
value in Param 1422 for the C (36000). Slow feedrate during this
move to avoid the alarm.
6. CHECK PARAMETER 1022=6 (NOT 5)
(MILL A .1 SQUARE on the Main)
T2222M50(Live .0625 EM .0312″ in Main Radius offset, 0 in TIP)
G98G1Z0F20.(Z2 to zero)
G12.1(Sets C axis to C0.0)
G1G41x.3F1.(Climb cut, C axis CCW)
C.05F.5(Climb cut, C-.1 conventional cut)
C-.05(Climb cut, C.1 conventional cut)
G40X.5F1.(C axis reverses direction while cancel comp. must be off part)
1. In above Program C axis turns CCW for Climb cut on EM.
NOTE, IN THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM
1. C-AXIS ROTATES CCW CAUSING TOOLS TO CLIMB CUT
2. T22 AND T23 OFFSETS ARE INPUTED IN THE SUB SIDE
3. NO PLANE SELECT REQUIRED
T2222M50(.125 DRAFTED EM)
G98X.6Z[.669+.15]C0M83(Z.669=Z2 MACHINE 0)
G1G42X.326F4.(OD CUT .326 X .156) M503
T2121(1/32 CR EM
This program mills a .400 square with a .01 Radius and .1 Radius)
T3434M50(.25 Endimill .125R in Offset 34)