G41 Tool nose radius compensation LEFT
G41- Tool nose radius compensation LEFT. Usually used when front
turning on KSI machines main spindle in a Z positive direction.
To determine whether to use G41 or G42, Place yourself in the position
of the cutter and look in the direction of the cut. Use G41 if you,
being the tool, are on the left side of the stock. Use G42 if you are
the tool and are moving on the right side of the stock. Many people
give up on cutter comp because they reverse the direction of cutter
motion and don’t change from G42 to G41 or vice versa on the line that
they changed direction. This causes the cutter to dive into the part
by the amount of comp.
There are 9 tip pos. to be used and entered on the Geometry offset Page.
3= Back turning (Main)
4= Front turn (Main)
0 or 9 = Endmill
Z+ is away from part on Sub Spindle X+ is on Rear side of spindle.
Sub Spindle using T30’s
2= LH Boring Bar with insert up for OD Front Turning
3= RH Boring Bar with Insert Up for ID Boring
1. Can’t make moves less than the radius of the tool
2. Can’t turn comp on in opposite direction of your movements
3. Engage move can’t be less than the tool nose radius.
4. Engage move in x must be doubled.
5. Must shut off comp in opposite direction of 1st dummy move.
6. Can feed super fast during engage move. make sure you change
feed back in next line.
7. Do not make Engage move touch part.
8. Must make Engage move go at an angle to use both axis’s.
9. Do not be scarred of comp.
10. Use correct quadrant and tool nose geometry in offset page.