M231-(M&S) X2/Z1 Composite Control Mode ON
X2,Z1 Move, Z2 is brought forward and is stationary.
Use Sub Prgm with wait codes to bring Z2 Forward
Allows T20’s to work on Main and Programming is done in Main.
T20’s offsets are inputed on the Main side.
Z Positive is into the part in M231
Use G98 is no feed per rev from sub to main is possible.
Built in Wait code. Program on line by itself in main and sub.
I forgot to tell you how to set the T22 offset on the main side.
1. Mount T22 Endmill in machine
2. Face off Part in Main spindle using T2
3. Enter G50 Z0 in MDI on main side to set current Z1 position to 0 or wherever you want to set Z2 zero.
4. MDI Z-.1 To draw stock .1 into the Guidebushing
5. MDI T100 and move tool up and out of the way so the y axis tool block won’t interfere with sub spindle
6. MDI on sub side T2200
7. MDI on sub side G0Z0 to bring sub spindle forward to Z2 0
8. Handwheel the Z1 stock out to touch the endmill
9. Go to Offset T22 on the MAIN side not the sub side. Place cursor on the Geometry offset.
10. Enter Z0 and Press Measure or Z-.003 and Measure if Paper was used for Touch off.
T2121M13S2000(Hex 16.5mm Polygon)
G51.2P1Q2(Poly ON 1:2 ratio front direction)
G50U40.(U shift cancel)
Drill and Tap example
SM-20 Sample M231 Proven
T2121M50(ISCAR .625 FACE MILL R0)